- 1Excellent: a superb performanceMore example sentences
excellent, superlative, first-rate, first-class, outstanding, remarkable, marvelous, magnificent, wonderful, splendid, admirable, noteworthy, impressive, fine, exquisite, exceptional, glorious
- Both the writing and the performances are superb.
- It's not a work you find programmed or recorded a lot, although it has attracted many superb pianists.
- I once gardened on a city terrace where my next door neighbour was a superb gardener by the name of Miss Jean Harvey.
- 2Impressively splendid: a superb Egyptian statue of OsirisMore example sentences
- Renvyle House Hotel has an idyllic setting, with its own stretch of beach, superb grounds including a croquet lawn, and rambling but beautifully maintained gardens.
- The game's graphics are stupendous, amazing, superb, and outstanding - choose your favorite.
- Visually this is all superb and the sight of the Statue of Liberty getting frozen is chilling.
- More example sentences
- In addition to the superbness of its content, the quality of the book itself is also high.
- The seven serpentine lakes, enhanced mounding, and the superbness of the fast breaking greens will blow you away.
- Well, a few things may have been missed, but that sort of thing happens, and it doesn't diminish one bit the superbness of the work done.
mid 16th century (sense 2): from Latin superbus 'proud, magnificent'.