- 1A substance capable of becoming superconducting at sufficiently low temperatures.More example sentences
- A computational search is well under way for superconductors with higher critical temperatures than substances already found in the laboratory.
- Visitors can look at mono-crystals used for optics and electronics, biomaterials and superconductors.
- And superconductive material is the opposite of an insulator: an insulator stops electricity, but a superconductor will allow electricity to flow freely through them.
- 1.1A substance in the superconducting state.More example sentences
- Squid is an acronym for Superconducting Quantum Interference Device, a method developed to detect tiny fluctuations in magnetic fields using a superconductor cooled by liquid helium.
- These superconductors usually contain more oxygen atoms than predicted by valence theory.
- Unfortunately, the predictions were overly optimistic and there are many inherent problems that must be overcome before the full potential of ceramic superconductors is realized.
More definitions of superconductorDefinition of superconductor in:
- The British & World English dictionary