noun (plural supergalaxies)
- another term for supercluster.More example sentences
- The role of galaxy destruction by merging, leading to a new supergalaxy, has been underappreciated until recently.
- Astronomy extends from the tiny moons around Mars to vast supergalaxies billions of light years away, worm - holes, and tachyons.
- It is believed that dark matter predominates in galaxies and supergalaxies, and is the key to understanding how galaxies form and how the large structure of the cosmos is created.
More definitions of supergalaxyDefinition of supergalaxy in:
- The British & World English dictionary