Relating to or denoting the deposition or enrichment of mineral deposits by solutions moving downward through the rocks.
- In some instances sparse mineralization that is uneconomical to mine can be concentrated by supergene processes into mineable ore; supergene deposits are commonly underlain by such primary mineralization.
- This process, called supergene enrichment, can concentrate silver into exceedingly rich deposits at depth.
- They reported that secondary, supergene silver is found in the vein to a depth of 1,800 feet.
A group of closely linked genes, typically having related functions.
- These regulatory networks can be further explored by mapping the individual mRNAs composing the supergenes and by investigating the functions of these individual genes.
- He gave us the first quantitative theories of sexual selection, mimicry, polymorphism, evolution of recombination rates, and supergenes.
- ICAM - 1 is a member of the immunoglobulin supergene family that is widely distributed among hematopoietic and non-hematopoietic cells.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan