Definition of superglue in English:
A very strong quick-setting adhesive, based on cyanoacrylates or similar polymers.
- Cyanoacrylates adhesives (also referred to as superglues), which form high shear and tensile strength, can be used to join nearly all materials.
- While one develops molecule-size solar cells modeled on the way leaves gather energy, another is examining the adhesive properties of the blue mussel to make a waterproof superglue.
- A little superglue and no one will ever be the wiser.
verb (superglues, supergluing or superglueing, superglued)[with object] Back to top
Stick with superglue: he superglued his hands together
More example sentences
- Either someone has superglued the bloody thing together or I am weak and defeated.
- One of the firefighters came in at 7pm and the pads had been superglued up at the front and back doors.
- A spokesman for the company said: ‘They also superglued the locks of the doors.’
Definition of superglue in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.