Definition of superheterodyne in English:
Denoting or using a system of radio and television reception in which the receiver produces a tunable signal that is combined with the incoming signal to produce a predetermined intermediate frequency, on which most of the amplification is formed.
- The Lockheed Martin AN / ALR - 56M radar warning receiver is a superheterodyne receiver operating in the 2-20GHz band.
nounBack to top
A superheterodyne receiver.
- Both radios are similar in design - five - tube superheterodynes with both broadcast and shortwave tuning.
- Its quality stood behind the commercial superheterodynes which were produced for marine and navy applications ten years ago.
- The public was not so receptive since superheterodynes were complicated devices requiring many controls, as well as lots of tubes and batteries.
Definition of superheterodyne in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India