- A very large oil tanker, specifically one whose dead-weight capacity exceeds 75,000 tons.More example sentences
- It is one of the busiest shipping areas in the world, where every type of vessel, from vast supertankers to small dhows, go about their business.
- Severe weather has sunk more than 200 supertankers and container ships exceeding 200 metres in length during the last two decades.
- Several vessels have grounded on mud banks, and unpiloted vessels are also giving cause for concern, with supertankers and large ships being allowed to go to anchorages without a pilot.
More definitions of supertankerDefinition of supertanker in:
- The British & World English dictionary