- A caption projected on a screen above the stage in an opera, translating the text being sung.More example sentences
- Despite that helping hand, the stunning orchestral playing, and flashed supertitles above the orchestra, the opera finally emerged as little more than a curio, a theatrical abstraction for connoisseurs only.
- The rather crude lighting did us one service: It sometimes made reading the supertitles harder, and spared us a few platitudes like ‘I'd rather die than live dishonored.’
- Although all the verses used have been translated into English (if they weren't originally written in that language), there will also be projected supertitles.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Provide (an opera) with supertitles.More example sentences
- All plays are either in English or supertitled.
More definitions of supertitleDefinition of supertitle in:
- The British & World English dictionary