Definition of supplant in English:
Supersede and replace: another discovery could supplant the original finding
More example sentences
- Most recent anime - and Hollywood movies, for that matter - continually generates two complaints: Style supplants substance and genre replaces originality.
- And he knows that the economic power of capitalism supplants the dictatorial power he envisions for himself.
- I have also seen patternmaking techniques designed to fit the human body supplanted by techniques that maximize fabric usage and ease of production, giving us garments that fit no one properly.
- Example sentences
- Her supplanter ruled well but was overthrown by another.
- Ireland, Scotland, and Wales all provided bases for the defeated of 1066 to launch futile attacks on their supplanter which very rapidly fizzled out.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia