Definition of supplejack in English:
Either of two New World twining plants.
- ● A tall North American climber (Berchemia scandens, family Rhamnaceae). ● A plant of the Caribbean and tropical America (Paullinia plumieri, family Sapindaceae).
- Vines attractive for fruit include supplejack, zone 6; Virginia creeper, zone 4; and grape, zone 3, depending on species.
- Greenbrier vines and a vine known as supplejack climb over some of the vegetation.
- People used to make crayfish pots out of interlaced supplejack and Number 8 wire - that nearly universal Kiwi solution to construction problems.
Definition of supplejack in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia