- A group of people with common experiences or concerns who provide each other with encouragement, comfort, and advice: a support group for gay teensMore example sentences
- Some of the participants attended a social support group, but others did not.
- This support group provides social contact for head-injured people and their families.
- The support group was like a social club for her, where she had a hostage audience.
More definitions of support groupDefinition of support group in:
- The British & World English dictionary