- Treatment designed to improve, reinforce, or sustain a patient’s physiological well-being or psychological self-esteem and self-reliance.More example sentences
- For the more psychologically impaired patient, supportive therapy was the treatment of choice.
- It is important to continue TB treatment and give supportive therapy to patients with IRS.
- Patients in Group I received standard quinine and doxycycline therapy along with supportive therapy and placebo capsules for 10 days.
More definitions of supportive therapyDefinition of supportive therapy in:
- The British & World English dictionary