(also suppressor T cell)
- A lymphocyte that can suppress antibody production by other lymphoid cells.More example sentences
- Despite all of the uncertainties, the concept of the suppressor cell has been supported by various data as a mechanism of tolerance induction.
- Instead of silencing the attackers directly, we learned how to generate another type of cell, called a regulatory or suppressor cell, which essentially turns off the attackers.
- After the invader has been destroyed, suppressor T cells chemically notify B cells and helper T cells to return to a dormant state.
More definitions of suppressor cellDefinition of suppressor cell in:
- The British & World English dictionary