- A square knot with one or more extra turns in the first half knot.More example sentences
- The triple surgeon's knot is basically an overhand knot but you pass the line through the knot 3 times.
- Use blood knots for the thickest sections of the leader and the surgeon's knot for the thinnest or last section.
- The surgeon's loop is tied like the surgeon's knot except only a single line is used.
from the use of such a knot to tie a ligature in surgery.
More definitions of surgeon's knotDefinition of surgeon's knot in:
- The British & World English dictionary