- (In Marxist theory) the excess of value produced by the labor of workers over the wages they are paid.More example sentences
- At a certain point it is confronted with the fact that it is a claim on surplus value and this surplus value has to be actually extracted from the working class.
- Out of the growing mass of surplus value, capitalist governments were able to finance social welfare spending and other concessions to the working class.
- Surplus labour creates surplus value, and on Marx's analysis, surplus value is the source of all profit.
More definitions of surplus valueDefinition of surplus value in:
- The British & World English dictionary