Feeling or showing surprise: there was a surprised silence
More example sentences
- The remark drew a surprised response from some of the judges.
- However, the folks behind a recent study sound surprised that a whopping 56 % of resumes are now sent by email.
- Both Georgiana and Charles looked surprised at these words, but Darcy continued even before they had a chance to form a question.
- Example sentences
- Amy looked at him surprisedly, and a little frightened.
- They all shook their heads and she looked at them surprisedly.
- Everyone looked at him surprisedly, because he didn't use that tone of voice very much.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.