Definition of surprising in English:
- [as submodifier]: the profit margin in advertising is surprisingly low [sentence adverb]: not surprisingly, his enthusiasm knew no boundsMore example sentences
- Not surprisingly, my friend decided to leave criticism of Mr Maxwell to the big boys.
- The constables were the backbone of the force and, not surprisingly, the lowest paid.
- The bond that you create with some of the people in Hong Kong is surprisingly powerful.
- Example sentences
- Are we talking about some sort of information-theoretical density - the informativeness or surprisingness of someone's choices of words, phrase structures and ideas?
- The images of the electric eel and the popping tangle of seaweed convey something of the speed and surprisingness of William's mind.
- We can also estimate the surprisingness of applicability conjectures, by assessing how likely it is that a production rule step would produce very few models.
Words that rhyme with surprisingrising
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia