noun (plural surreys)• historical
- A light four-wheeled carriage with two seats facing forward.More example sentences
- You can walk around the downtown area to see the sights but another way of seeing the contrasts is from the seat of a horse-drawn surrey - with or without the fringe on top.
- Owing to a harsh winter and business overload in the spring, it had been close to four months since I'd been out to my country club, so you can imagine my surprise when I drove up and saw all the surreys with the fringe on top.
- You can rent a surrey or even a Harley Davidson, or tour the Smuggler Mine, which gave up the world's largest silver nugget - 1840 pounds - back in 1894.
late 19th century: originally denoting a Surrey cart, first made in Surrey, from which the carriage was later adapted.
More definitions of SurreyDefinition of surrey in:
- The British & World English dictionary