Definition of survivable in English:
(Of an accident or ordeal) able to be survived; not fatal: air crashes are becoming more survivable
More example sentences
- The NTSB determined the accident was not survivable because of high impact forces, and autopsies confirmed all deaths were the result of blunt-force trauma.
- Many believe that all aviation accidents are not survivable.
- The former would be a survivable disaster for the human race.
- Example sentences
- They also said the wolves' genetics, which dictate their long-term survivability, were not well understood.
- Despite such confidence, energy expert Professor Ian Fells worries about Anaconda's survivability at sea.
- To ensure survivability, we must implement improvements in self-protection for all our combat air forces.
Definition of survivable in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan