Definition of survivalism in English:
1The policy of trying to ensure one’s own survival or that of one’s social or national group.
- Darwin's survivalism supplied Marx's opiate, if only indirectly.
- However, a utopianism that has shrunk to the dimensions of survivalism is perhaps part of the problem rather than its solution.
- I suggest that Acorn is best viewed as a kind of left-wing communitarian survivalism.
- Example sentences
- A person who depends on one box of Carnation (which, I have learned from my reading, lasts only six months) should not go on living on an earth that will be filled with post-Armageddon survivalists.
- Roth's surreal maps and dioramas chart an evolving apocalyptic landscape that is home to nature-loving survivalists, freedom-fighters and terrorists.
- Some fairly disappointed survivalists will be peeking cautiously out of their home-made underground concrete bunkers this morning at oh-six-hundred hours.
Pronunciation: /sərˈvīvələst/noun& adjective
Definition of survivalism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan