Definition of survivorship in English:
1The state or condition of being a survivor; survival.
- Dr Mike Sullivan talks to us about late effects of chemotherapy and radiotherapy, and also about things that were all under the theme of survivorship after cancer.
- She is particularly interested in cancer survivorship and health disparity issues.
- We appreciate your support in spreading the word about cancer survivorship and research by giving the wristbands away.
1.1 Law A right depending on survival, especially the right of a survivor of people with a joint interest to take the whole on the death of the others.
- One is called a joint tenancy with right of survivorship.
- Alternatively, you and your husband could hire a lawyer to prepare a new deed for the home that states that the two of you own it as joint tenants with rights of survivorship.
- It was held that the presumption of a resulting trust in her favour (and therefore of her estate) was rebutted, and that the nephew was entitled to the balance on the account by survivorship.
Definition of survivorship in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.