1A shaped tool or die for giving a desired form to metal by hammering or pressure.
- The bumper-to-body join lines are discreet and in line with the side rubbing strake, and the wheel arches are gently flared instead of being bounded by thick swages.
- You can find wreaths, door swages and various other items for just about every season if you shop around a bit.
- These spring swages were carefully patterned after the shapes contained in an original Drew calking die I bought from the company many years ago.
1Shape (metal) using a swage, especially in order to reduce its cross section.
- Since metal is swaged around a mandrel, the blank actually gets longer during the process.
- They are swaged to a uniform shape and weight, which promotes excellent accuracy.
- The hassle factor goes up exponentially when you have to swage primer pockets and keep that brass separate.
1.1 [with adverbial] Join (metal pieces) together by swaging process.
- All later models have pins that are swaged into the toe piece.
Words that rhyme with swageage, assuage, backstage, cage, downstage, engage, enrage, gage, gauge, mage, multistage, offstage, onstage, Osage, page, Paige, rage, rampage, sage, stage, under-age, upstage, wage
Definition of swage in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.