- An ancient symbol in the form of an equal-armed cross with each arm continued at a right angle, used (in clockwise form) as the emblem of the German Nazi Party.More example sentences
- Israeli and German diplomats have lashed out at a Hong Kong fashion company for using swastikas and other Nazi party symbols.
- The flat where they worked themselves up with ‘White Power’ music before the attack was adorned with swastikas and other Nazi symbols.
- Together with election placards bearing his picture, many Fortuyn supporters wore swastikas and other Nazi symbols.
late 19th century: from Sanskrit svastika, from svasti 'well-being', from su 'good' + asti 'being'.
More definitions of swastikaDefinition of swastika in:
- The British & World English dictionary