- The angle at which an aircraft’s wing is set back from a right angle to the body.More example sentences
- The wing sweepback angle varies from 16° to 69°, with respect to the wing leading edge with four outer-wing panel fixed positions of 16°, 35°, 45° and 69°.
- Physically, the new wing will have a higher aspect ratio and a more pronounced sweepback angle, allowing for more efficient high-speed cruise performance.
- The German introduction of the turbojet engine and moderate wing sweepback to improve high-speed flight performance was matched by Allied developments.
More definitions of sweepbackDefinition of sweepback in:
- The British & World English dictionary