Definition of sweet corn in English:
1Corn of a variety with kernels that have a high sugar content. It is grown for human consumption and is harvested while slightly immature.
- Last month, the EU authorised a GM sweetcorn for human consumption, lifting a de facto moratorium on the authorisation on such new products in place since 1999.
- Now there should be room for the 5 sweetcorn (which are growing well) and the sprouting broccoli and the 4 runner beans I have been given in exchange for the Welsh onions.
- If you don't care to grow cabbages, sweetcorn would be a good alternative that would also benefit from the nitrogen.
1.1The kernels of sweet corn eaten as a vegetable.
- He gave me a Champneys cookbook which was full of healthy recipes such as salt cod with sweet pepper, tomato and olive sauce and sweetcorn and smoked haddock.
- Consider a tablespoon of oil - olive or sunflower or whatever - which you might typically use to stir-fry your mange tout or baby sweetcorn.
- To serve, put crushed potato in centre of plate, place spinach on top and surround with trompette and sweetcorn.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia