Definition of sweet pea in English:
A climbing plant of the pea family, widely cultivated for its colorful fragrant flowers.
- Genus Lathyrus, family Leguminosae: several species, in particular L. odoratus, which originated in southern Italy and Sicily
- Imagine your garden filled with super-fragrant sweet peas, ruffly-petalled poppies or butterfly-attracting orange tithonias.
- Very fancy fences can be created from tall flowering annuals such as cleome, cosmos, dahlias, sweet peas and sunflowers for a display of spring, summer and autumn colour.
- Poppies, sweet peas, pot marigold and gilia are all waiting in our yard for attention.
Definition of sweet pea in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan