Definition of sweetgrass in English:
Any of a number of grasses that possess a sweet flavor, making them attractive to livestock, or a sweet smell, resulting in their former use as herbs for strewing or burning.
- Glyceria, Hierochloe, and other genera, family Gramineae
- Do get ‘smudged’ by an elder when he offers to purify you with sweetgrass, tobacco, sage and cedar.
- And when I've run out of sweetgrass, someone always shows up with a braid of sweetgrass and gives it to me.
- Treatment blends of honey, cornmeal, sage and sweetgrass are a luxurious reminder of the spa's Native American roots.
Definition of sweetgrass in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan