- A small swift found in southern Asia and Australasia.
More example sentences
- Genera Aerodramus and Collocalia, family Apodidae: many species
- The edible nests of swiftlets are used in bird's-nest soup, a delicacy in some countries.
- The villagers could not explain why scaffolding was required to collect bird droppings from the floor of the cave, and they were not aware of the swiftlets and their unique saliva nests.
- Echolocation - the trick of emitting sound pulses and navigating by accurate timing of the echoes - has evolved at least four times: in bats, toothed whales, oilbirds and cave swiftlets.
More definitions of swiftletDefinition of swiftlet in:
- The British & World English dictionary