- A US state where the two major political parties have similar levels of support among voters, viewed as important in determining the overall result of a presidential election.More example sentences
- The vice president told voters in the swing state that this year's election is the most important of his lifetime.
- All the experts agree that Ohio is a key swing state, if not the key swing state in this upcoming election.
- Do you believe enough is being done in Ohio to assure the integrity of that vote, a critical battleground state, a critical swing state in this election?
More definitions of swing stateDefinition of swing state in:
- The British & World English dictionary