Definition of swing vote in English:
A vote that has a decisive influence on the result of an election.
- With polls indicating the ANC will win two-thirds of the vote nationally, the swing vote will not determine the government of the day.
- The owner wants to be in control of that swing vote, which often means the owner is the swing vote.
- There is also a very inspired black voter turnout, which in fact is the swing vote.
swing voter noun
- Example sentences
- From being Labour's saviour and electoral ace with the swing voter, he will become the man in the way.
- As a result, the all-important swing voter often sees little difference between candidates on the issues.
- That brings us to the subject of our poll tonight on the highly coveted swing voter.
Definition of swing vote in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan