- A vote that has a decisive influence on the result of an election.More example sentences
- With polls indicating the ANC will win two-thirds of the vote nationally, the swing vote will not determine the government of the day.
- The owner wants to be in control of that swing vote, which often means the owner is the swing vote.
- There is also a very inspired black voter turnout, which in fact is the swing vote.
- More example sentences
- From being Labour's saviour and electoral ace with the swing voter, he will become the man in the way.
- As a result, the all-important swing voter often sees little difference between candidates on the issues.
- That brings us to the subject of our poll tonight on the highly coveted swing voter.
More definitions of swing voteDefinition of swing vote in:
- The British & World English dictionary