- A change in the flight path of a spacecraft using the gravitational pull of a celestial body. Compare with slingshot.More example sentences
- This will be the first time lunar swingbys have been used to manipulate orbits of more than one spacecraft.
- The current controversy concerning Cassini's upcoming Earth swingby centers on the risk of the spacecraft accidentally re-entering the Earth's atmosphere.
- A swingby is efficient and cost-effective.
More definitions of swingbyDefinition of swingby in:
- The British & World English dictionary