adjective (swingier, swingiest)
1(Of music) characterized by swing (see swing (sense 4 of the noun)).
- The funky basslines and swingy guitars make this song a bit special.
- For a start, this music is uninhibited, drawing plentifully from the lightweight and somewhat swingy end of the spectrum.
- The songs were a bit of a departure for King; the blues were certainly in evidence, but the overall flavor leaned toward swingy, jazzy ballads, including some Nat King Cole covers.
2(Of a skirt, coat, or other garment) cut so as to swing as the wearer moves.
- Practical and smart separates like tank tops worn under printed chiffon tops or a pencil skirt worn with a swingy, sharp-shouldered jacket presents an exceptional sense of fashion.
- Although he managed to freshen up this look a bit by pairing a fitted ivory jacket with a delightfully swingy chiffon skirt, grand and brand-new statements are not his forte.
- Today, I've got on a new twin set with a black, swingy, knee length skirt, and two inch high, black patent, t-strap shoes.
Words that rhyme with swingyclingy, dinghy, springy, stingy, stringy, thingy, zingy
Definition of swingy in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.