- A plastic card such as a credit card or ID card bearing magnetically encoded information that is read when the edge of the card is slid through an electronic device.More example sentences
- The dark stranger who, only twelve hours before, boarded a red-eye flight out of the midwest, slid a magnetic swipe card through the slot of a cleverly disguised electronic lock.
- Once the registration form has been processed, each person named on the form will receive a plastic swipe card which they must present when having prescriptions filled at a community pharmacy.
- At one point the tape shows one of the masked activists entering a secured part of the lab by using an electronic swipe card.
More definitions of swipe cardDefinition of swipe card in:
- The British & World English dictionary