1Cheese of a style originating in Switzerland, typically containing large holes.
- Layer with thinly sliced, snipped prosciutto and grated Parmesan cheese or sliced Swiss cheese.
- On the way home we talked longingly of sleep and filled ourselves enormous sandwiches of Swiss cheese, slivered bell peppers, fresh basil leaves, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- The pork schnitzel with Swiss cheese was especially to be recommended, but there is a substantial Thai and international list of dishes from which to choose.
1.1Used figuratively to refer to something that is full of holes, gaps, or defects: the team has Swiss cheese for a defense
More example sentences
- I was fine even though my brand new glider was now swiss cheese.
- Are you saying that he has Swiss cheese for brains?
- This movie has Swiss cheese for a script.
Definition of Swiss cheese in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.