- A coupling between two parts enabling one to revolve without turning the other.More example sentences
- Patented swivel axle keeps all three wheels on the ground even on sharp turns.
- Each model is equipped with swivel studs, swivels and a padded sling.
- Each groove holds the projection and stops the swivel action while the swivel base swivels to a particular orientation in the mounting base.
verb (swivels, swiveling, swiveled ; British swivels, swivelling, swivelled)[often with adverbial] Back to top
- Turn around a point or axis or on a swivel: [no object]: he swiveled in the chair [with object]: she swiveled her eyes aroundMore example sentences
- Each venue would have specifically designed cruising areas, where you would stand on your own, away from your friends, eyes swivelling round like radars.
- Try swivelling the mixer tap round to the right and the ensuing stream of water misses the second sink by a good couple of inches, creating large puddles across the worktop.
- Suddenly he swivelled round and began doing Groucho Marx impressions.
Middle English, from the base of Old English swīfan 'to move (along a course), sweep'.