Definition of sword fern in English:
A fern with long slender fronds.
- Genera Polystichum and Nephrolepis, family Dryopteridaceae: several species, including the North American P. munitum and the tropical N. exaltata
- Some had fronds (fresh and/or dried) of sword fern woven into the structure.
- Thanks to a cool, moist climate, magnificent stands of sword fern grow in great sweeps on forest floors and form delicate tufts of green lace on rocky cliffs.
- For dry shade, consider bush anemone, Pacific Coast iris, or Western sword fern.
Definition of sword fern in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan