- A ribbon or tassel attached to a sword hilt, originally for securing it to the wrist.More example sentences
- The sword retains its original decorative sword knot of gold thread.
- A young soldier galloped forward to pass her a dragonne or sword knot; some stories say it was a hat plume.
- Sometimes it embodied narrower military dandyism, as men sported rolled silk handkerchiefs instead of sword knots, slashed the seams housing the peaks of their caps to make them lie flatter, or shrank berets to eliminate floppiness.
More definitions of sword knotDefinition of sword knot in:
- The British & World English dictionary