- A dash (⁓) in the form of a reverse s on its side.More example sentences
- Nowadays, however, swung dash is used wrongly in everyday language regardless of writing forms.
- It sounds pretty, but when you're blogging, it's a lot better to use an ellipsis, even if your tone is swinging; strictly speaking, the swung dash is never to be used as a punctuation mark.
- No more swung dashes - each compound or derivative, each headword that is repeated in a phrase or example sentence, is given in full.
More definitions of swung dashDefinition of swung dash in:
- The British & World English dictionary