- Divide into or articulate by syllables.More example sentences
- They saw the value of the hymns project and ended up doing the writing and syllabizing of the hymn texts.
- When I first met him he syllabised every word, half-word and partial-word.
- There are several features that cannot be identified unless the word has already been syllabized and the syllable carrying the main stress identified.
late 16th century: via medieval Latin from Greek sullabizein, from sullabē 'syllable'.
More definitions of syllabizeDefinition of syllabize in:
- The British & World English dictionary