- A mixture of the minerals sylvite and halite, mined as a source of potash.More example sentences
- The most important source of potash in the United States is a mine near Carlsbad, New Mexico, that produces sylvinite.
- The potash ore in the Sallent mine is a reddish mineral known as sylvinite, a form of potassium chloride.
- It occurs naturally as the mineral sylvite and in combination with sodium chloride as sylvinite.
More definitions of sylviniteDefinition of sylvinite in:
- The British & World English dictionary