Definition of synaptic in English:
Of or relating to a synapse or synapses between nerve cells: the synaptic membrane
More example sentences
- This is the release of a neurotransmitter into the synaptic cleft from synaptic vesicles in the axon terminal.
- Each little bump or spine on each dendrite is a synaptic connection from another nerve cell axon terminal.
- After synaptic transmission is blocked by botulinum toxin, the muscles become clinically weak and atrophic.
- Example sentences
- The Winterstein hypothesis was further resuscitated by evidence that CO2 could directly excite synaptically isolated respiratory neurons.
- To test whether the pattern of synaptically recorded depression could be replicated by a simple decrease in the vesicular release probability, we repeated the simulations with P v values of 0.07 and 0.05.
- Therefore, BDNF-induced chaos stabilization is not synaptically driven.
Definition of synaptic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia