A sport in which members of a team of swimmers perform coordinated or identical movements in time to music.
More example sentences
- The four disciplines of aquatic sports, namely swimming, water polo, diving and synchronized swimming are infelicitous and poorly represented.
- About 600 competitors will participate in swimming, diving, water polo and synchronised swimming from Thursday to Saturday.
- In some sports like gymnastics, dressage and synchronised swimming music is integral to the performance.
- More example sentences
- A further team of swimmers, divers, water polo players and synchronized swimmers will also be vying for honours at the Asia Pacific Championships in Hong Kong later this month.
- The athletes comprise of 16 male and 16 female swimmers, 12 divers including competitors in a newly adopted event, synchronized diving, 12 synchronized swimmers and 36 water polo players.
- Soon she's joined by her fellow performers - athletes all - who tumble and splash, mimicking synchronised swimmers and Olympic racers in a playful display of clowning.
Definition of synchronized swimming in:
- The British & World English dictionary