- A cyclotron in which the magnetic field strength increases with the energy of the particles to keep their orbital radius constant.More example sentences
- For example, synchrotrons, cyclotrons, linear accelerators and interplanetary spacecraft all cost too much for single investigators.
- Scientific instruments such as telescopes, synchrotrons, and electron microscopes generate raw data streams that are archived for subsequent batch processing.
- His work space is located in what is known on campus as the Synchrotron Laboratory, because a synchrotron - a type of particle accelerator - was once located in the vast cavernous room.
More definitions of synchrotronDefinition of synchrotron in:
- The British & World English dictionary