- (Of a polymer or polymeric structure) in which the repeating units have alternating stereochemical configurations.More example sentences
- Depending on the location of the side groups and the nature of the starting monomers, linear polymers can have various structural isomers denoted as isotactic, syndiotactic, or atactic.
- It should also be mentioned that syndiotactic polypropylene is also suitable for recycled uses because it is not cross-linked.
- In a syndiotactic macromolecule, the configurational repeating unit consists of two configurational base units that are enantiomeric.
1950s: from Greek sunduo 'two together' + taktos 'arranged' + -ic.
More definitions of syndiotacticDefinition of syndiotactic in:
- The British & World English dictionary