- A number of rare or uncommon congenital syndromes are associated with decreased platelet production.
- The immune response produces a syndrome of inflammation at the site of the infection.
- The investigators used factor analysis to identify a cluster of symptoms and syndromes unique to Gulf War veterans.
- Vinegar syndrome only affects films made up to the 1970s, when a different type of film was introduced.
- I would like to ask other readers if they have experienced road rage trolley syndrome this Christmas?
- You could as easily call it the Pinter syndrome and it certainly is the BBC syndrome.
- Example sentences
- Actually, sex with one person can give you HIV, a viral condition that reduces the effectiveness of your immune system, which often leads to a number of symptoms and infections generally grouped under the syndromic umbrella of AIDS.
- Craniosynostosis, the premature fusion of the cranial sutures, is a significant medical problem, occurring in both syndromic and nonsyndromic forms.
- New York City's innovative approach of combining physician reporting with syndromic surveillance offers a useful model for other major cities to follow.
Mid 16th century: modern Latin, from Greek sundromē, from sun- 'together' + dramein 'to run'.
This is a modern Latin word, from Greek sundromē, from sun- ‘together’ and dramein ‘to run’. Other words formed from sun include synopsis (early 17th century) from sun- ‘together’ opsis ‘seeing’, and synthesis (early 17th century) from suntithenai ‘place together’.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.