Definition of synopsis in English:
noun (plural synopses-ˌsēz)
1A brief summary or general survey of something: a synopsis of the accident
More example sentences
- If you scroll to the airport, it gives you just a brief synopsis of delays, the departures and weather conditions.
- Mr Gilder has sent a letter to all members, assuring them that there is no crisis at the theatre and giving a brief synopsis of the events that led up to the resignations.
- John gave a general synopsis and managed the slides and Jo gave a more detailed explanation.
1.1An outline of the plot of a book, play, movie, or episode of a television show.
- I originally intended to attempt to give a plot synopsis of this film, but it's so confusing I might just not bother.
- You are seized by the desire to read a book without someone snatching it from you and demanding a synopsis of the plot.
- Even though the plot synopsis may set off warning sirens, however, the film is refreshing, never cloying.
Words that rhyme with synopsisproboscis
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.