Definition of synopsis in English:
noun (plural synopses /-ˌsēz/)
1A brief summary or general survey of something: a synopsis of the accident
More example sentences
- If you scroll to the airport, it gives you just a brief synopsis of delays, the departures and weather conditions.
- Mr Gilder has sent a letter to all members, assuring them that there is no crisis at the theatre and giving a brief synopsis of the events that led up to the resignations.
- John gave a general synopsis and managed the slides and Jo gave a more detailed explanation.
1.1An outline of the plot of a book, play, movie, or episode of a television show.
- I originally intended to attempt to give a plot synopsis of this film, but it's so confusing I might just not bother.
- You are seized by the desire to read a book without someone snatching it from you and demanding a synopsis of the plot.
- Even though the plot synopsis may set off warning sirens, however, the film is refreshing, never cloying.