Entry from British & World English dictionary
Definition of téléphérique in English:
- A highlight was to take the teleferic down to the beach, which is within walking distance of my hotel.
- The teleferic is most often the predatory of the funicular, but without its charm and attraction.
- There are huts and téléphériques everywhere.
1.1A mountain cable car.
- If they decide to take a break from the slopes, they can take a trans-glacial ride on the world's highest telepherique, a cable car which stops en route at skiing and hiking destinations.
- That said, I personally would prefer to see far fewer huts, telepheriques, and associated clutter which impact on the mountain environment and can erode the overall experience.
- There is a staggering number of telepheriques, allowing average folk to gain much elevation without humping loads for hours to get to the alpine terrain pretty much anywhere in the range.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.