- Loss of coordination of movement, especially as a result of syphilitic infection of the spinal cord. Also called locomotor ataxia.More example sentences
- Diabetes mellitus, tabes dorsalis, and syringomyelia are common causes.
- The clinical presentation has shifted from general paresis and tabes dorsalis to meningovascular and atypical forms.
- Classically, there are three recognized types of CNS syphilis: meningovascular, parenchymatous, and tabes dorsalis.
modern Latin, literally 'wasting of the back'.
More definitions of tabes dorsalisDefinition of tabes dorsalis in:
- The British & World English dictionary