- A pair of small hand drums attached together, used in Indian music; one is slightly larger than the other and is played using pressure from the heel of the hand to vary the pitch.More example sentences
- Thus, when you mix the hypnotic qualities of dance music with the mystical range of Indian tablas, you open up the doors for interesting experimentation.
- At this time she also took lessons for the traditional Indian instruments, tablas and harmonium.
- Their voices are modulated and trailed by a mournful accordion and occasional tablas.
from Persian and Urdu tablah, Hindi tablā, from Arabic ṭabl 'drum'.
More definitions of tablaDefinition of tabla in:
- The British & World English dictionary