Definition of tablespoon in English:
1A large spoon for serving food.
- One can play metal teaspoons, tablespoons, soup spoons, and wooden spoons.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon the batter into the pan to form small pancakes and sauté on both sides until golden brown.
- Spoons, usually a single tablespoon, are or were owned by a significant number of New England churches.
1.1 (abbreviation: tbsp. or T) A measurement in cooking, equivalent to 1/2 fluid ounce, three teaspoons, or 15 ml.
- Add one tablespoon of oil and stir to coat.
- Add one tablespoon of butter and sear the veal on the other side.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt two tablespoons butter.
- Example sentences
- Drain the penne in a colander, reserving a couple of tablespoonfuls of the cooking water.
- The granules are sweet and colorful and a tablespoonful makes an energizing addition to your juices and smoothies.
- Heat over a medium-high heat, add a good tablespoonful of batter, then swirl the pan in a circular motion to coat the bottom.
Pronunciation: /ˈtāb(ə)lˌspo͞onˌfo͝ol/noun (plural tablespoonfuls)
Definition of tablespoon in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.